Thursday, May 15, 2003

I'm afraid I don't know nearly enough about German and Italian historiography. My home field is England. Nevertheless it makes sense... although, certainly, pockets of the British Isles did glorify the folk as supporters of the nation. I'm especially thinking here of the "Celtic fringe" - for example, Welsh nationalists like Iolo Morgannwg revisited the Welsh bardic tradition in order to create "ancient Welsh glory."

Meanwhile, I don't know if any of our readers are familiar with the Encyclopedia Brown books (squeaky-clean mysteries solved by the brilliant ten-year-old Leroy "Encyclopedia" Brown and his tomboy best friend Sally), but Modern Humorist has gradually been adding to the Encyclopedia canon over the last several years. I direct you to their newest triumph, Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Missing WMDs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home