Tuesday, June 10, 2003

A comment server has been added; please comment with courtesy or the function will be removed.

I'm not actually sure what I did that created the gradual rightwards motion of the left column, but I rather like it.

Hmm, transgenderism has been coming up in conversation a great deal lately. My friend Rebecca directed me to a discussion in the LiveJournal community regarding whether LJ should add more gender options in its registration forms. Sadly, even if LJ changes its forms, it's not really going to make a difference in the world, I think. The crucial forms... for example, the U.S. Census... will not add OTHER to the gender slot until John Ashcroft gets a sex change and starts performing at Boston's Man Ray on Tuesday nights.

Oh, how I wish I could see that.

Iris, do you suppose the reason you've only seen FTM transgendered individuals is that you went to a women's college? I have been told that MTFs exist, and that not all of them have reconstructive surgery to make them transsexual as well as transgendered.

The only transgendered person I have actually met is female-to-male. Since the person made the transition from female pronouns to male pronouns after we both graduated and I lost touch with (then) her, I haven't had a chance to discuss the issue with the individual in question. I'm quite curious about the person's motivations, but all I have is fourth-person gossip so I really can't speak to the issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home