Wednesday, July 16, 2003

In a bored/procrastinating moment, I decided to add more links to the template. Sisters, feel free to pass me any other links you think I should add. I've covered the medievalists, but to fully represent us, we need some anthropology. There must be anthropological bloggers out there somewhere.

Thesis still not done, of course, but at least I draft-translated John Pecham's letter to Marguerite of Constantinople, Countess of Flanders. Marguerite never saw Constantinople herself, but her father, one of the Baldwins of Flanders (there were somewhere around ten, and I forget which number he was) was elected emperor of Constantinople during a Crusade. This has nothing to do with Marguerite's questions regarding how to treat Jews in her dominion, nor the answers given her by Pecham or by Thomas Aquinas, but I find it peculiarly amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home