Sunday, September 21, 2003

Randomness

I happen to be reading Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries at work today, when I come upon Mia's observation that she thinks Timothy Dalton's portrayal of James Bond is better than Pierce Brosnan. I forgot which one Dalton was (I was seriously hoping it wasn't Roger Moore) so I googled him and lo and behold, he has agreed to star in a two part production of Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy in London.

I really need to get back to London! I also agree with Mia.. he was pretty darn cute as James Bond.

On a different topic, I would like to say that Legend, starring Tom Cruise and Mia Sara, is terrible. That said, the Ridley Scott extended version is a lot better than what was released to theaters. I suppose if I had rented this DVD from the video stores I might have forced myself to watch the end to get my money's worth, but since I have it out of the library (with no fear of late fines, I now do this often) I felt I could always go back and see the last thirty minutes when I felt up to it. I am not sure what put me off the most but I think it was Mia Sara's simpering, insipid affectations. The character was supposed to be infantile, but she didn't have to be that histrionic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home